Results are in from Hunger Walk/Run 2016! Together, Lutheran Services of Georgia’s church and community partner teams raised a record $88,459.10 for Lutheran Services of Georgia and the Atlanta Community Food Bank. This amount surpassed LSG’s 2015 Hunger Walk total by more than $10,000 and earned LSG the honor of top fundraiser out of Hunger Walk’s five benefiting partner agencies.
Our top fundraising team for 2016 was Trinity Lutheran Church in Lilburn, raising $12,775.69 to fight hunger!
Thanks to all who joined LSG in fighting hunger at the 2016 Hunger Walk/Run. LSG had 41 teams participate with 550 walkers and runners. LSG appreciates all those who walked, ran, volunteered, or otherwise supported us.
Congratulations to our top ten fundraising teams from 2016:
- Trinity Lutheran, Lilburn: $12,775.69
- Cross of Life, Roswell: $9,475
- St. John, Atlanta: $6,975
- Lutheran Church of the Resurrection, Marietta: $5,814.50
- Rivercliff Lutheran, Roswell: $5,611
- Grace Lutheran, Carrollton: $5,278
- Prince of Peace, Alpharetta: $4,990
- Epiphany Lutheran, Conyers: $3,673
- Walking for the Hungry (The HH Foundation): $3,025
- Holy Trinity Lutheran, Marietta: $2,765.50
This year’s Hunger Walk/Run raised $925,015 total to support food programs in Atlanta! LSG is honored to be chosen as a beneficiary of the Hunger Walk/Run by the Atlanta Community Food Bank. We appreciate the opportunity to work with them each year on this event. LSG has been a benefiting partner for almost 30 years and we look forward to another great Hunger Walk/Run in 2017!