November 13 is Georgia Gives Day, and LSG needs your help! Here are our top ten reasons to give to LSG!
1) LSG cares for kids! In 2011, LSG helped place 16 of Georgia's children in foster care into permanent, loving, adoptive families. Click here to read about Ryan, one of the children LSG serves.
2) LSG welcomes newcomers! Each year, LSG resettles up to 500 refugees. LSG works alongside recently arrived refugees to make their transition to life in the U.S. as smooth as possible. Click here to meet Nur Abdi, a Somali refugee who recently accepted a job at the airport.
3) LSG empowers individuals with developmental disabilities! LSG's FACES program creates a meaningful family environment for individuals of all ages with developmental disabilities and helps them become active, integrated members of their communities. Click here to read the story of Angelica, one of our FACES clients who recently danced the night away at the prom!
4) LSG strengthens families! LSG's Family Intervention Services offers an array of services focusing on building and strengthening healthy relationships within families. One parent recently told LSG that our parenting classes helped him better relate to and care for his teenagers!
5) LSG prepares children for the future! LSG's afterschool programs help Georgia's at-risk children achieve success within and beyond the classroom. Click here to meet Berguissa, a refugee student at Clarkston High School who prepares for college after school!
6)LSG helps communities cope with disaster! LSG provides immediate relief after natural disasters, as well as long-term recovery services that remain critical long after initial headlines have faded.
7) LSG is non-discriminatory! LSG offers services to individuals and families without regard to age, creed, gender, origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
8) Volunteers love serving with LSG! LSG relies on the support of our volunteers. One volunteer told LSG, "I love to volunteer with LSG because I’m given the opportunity to make a small difference in someone’s life." Click here to read other reasons why volunteers love serving with LSG!
9) LSG is constantly growing to respond to new needs! In response to Georgia's needs, LSG recently began offering several new services: housing opportunities for people with HIV/AIDS; immigration legal services; and outpatient mental health and substance abuse counseling services. Fundraising efforts like Georgia Gives Day allow us to keep growing!
10) LSG can't do it alone! Our work at LSG depends on the generosity of donors, volunteers, and supporters. Your Georgia Gives Day gift helps us keep bringing restored hope, transformed lives, and healthy tomorrows to individuals and families throughout Georgia. Click here to give!