Today more than ever volunteers are needed statewide to support LSG's services and programs. You can make a difference teaching English to refugees, assisting with special events or working with disaster response. For more information on volunteering with LSG contact Melanie Johnson.
- Help with disaster response efforts in Georgia, or other nearby states, working with Lutheran Disaster Response professionals.
- Participate in special events; Hunger Walk, neighborhood clean up, food drives
- Assist with clerical filing of documents.
- Coordinate the gathering of gifts for the children and adults we serve in foster care, adoption, refugee resettlement or FACES (services for people with developmental disabilities) at Christmas or other special times of the year.
- Prepare and send birthday cards to children and adults in the foster care, adoption, refugee resettlement or FACES programs.
- Help the LSG staff pick up furniture and/or set up apartments for refugee families.
- Drive and accompany refugees to government offices for required registration.
- Sponsor a drive to furnish an apartment for a newly arriving refugee family.
- Provide refreshments for people attending orientation or training sessions to become foster or adoptive parents.
- Babysit the children of adults attending foster care or adoptive parent training sessions.
Click here for the Refugee and Immigration Services Intern/Volunteer Application!